Friday, June 26, 2009

Front Porch Tempest 2

I pulled Sheryl off the computer and of considering the evil things that men do. There was a storm brewing off in the distance and it was growing closer, looming larger just as the sun was setting. It's often difficult for me to fathom how there is so much beauty in the world and so many ways to miss it.

Oh, I recently learned that if I want to be considered one of the top 15 emergent photographers in America, my description of the above photo (after I move to New York City that is ) would be as follows Title: "Becca"
"My work is about showing the isolation and alienation of the individual from the larger forces of nature and of civilisation. The subject above was born profoundly deaf and communicates exclusively by a series of facial expressions which only her sister understands. Medication reduces her tendency to self-flaggelate. They live alone in a manufactured home on 46 acres near Albuquerque. This is one of her calm moments."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at this I almost woke everyone else up. What does "Becca" mean?

Dave Hood

Paul Hood said...

"Becca" is a random name I came up with for the fictional character in the photo. It's actually Sheryl and she's not deaf, does have a very expressive face, and medication probably would help with the self flagellation.