Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Lala Sunset" and "Raventree"

Lala Sunset by Paul Hood
Lala Sunset by Paul Hood


Raventree by Paul Hood
Raventree by Paul Hood


A couple of new images. I took both photos the same day about an hour apart. Obviously both are pretty "tweaked" in post processing. "Lala Sunset" is so named because when I showed it the first comment I got was that it looked like a sunset in "Lala land". Good enough for me, a title is born. I didn't have a lot of emotional investment in the shot, I just thought it would be fun to do. I'm experimenting with some of the more extreme filters in photoshop, mostly under the "artisitic" and "brush strokes". Most of those filters strike me as completely unusable, but I found a few that are fun to play with. Raventree looks so much like an illustration that it somehow bothers me, and I don't know why that should bother me. Of late I am moving more towards photos which don't quite look like photos.

No comments: