Friday, October 23, 2009

Controlled Burn

Controlled burn is the title of this photo. I'm pretty sure that nobody will buy this one to hang on the wall. Not that I didn't spend a lot of time and effort getting the colors and tones the way that I wanted. It's a successful piece and I'm proud of it. But I don't expect to be told how "pretty" it is. Being stuck out in the desert is something of a "controlled burn" for Sheryl and I. It hurt the counseling practice, it took me out of an "easy shooting" environment, coastal Santa Cruz, California where I could get good scenic shots every day if I half tried. But the "burn" has brought about a lot of change and positive results too. We basically live at an artist's and writer's retreat-- every day, all the time. If there is something good to come of it it comes from us. There is good to come of it.

No comments: