Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cutest little mouse you ever did see.


Ok, so a Disney mouse is actually cuter, but this is the cutest real mouse I ever did see. We went out on the back porch to to take my mom's picture and for some reason I looked into a trash bin we had out there. Poor little guy had gotten himself in and couldn't get out. We had seen him a few days before, running wild and free, and commented on his gigantic ears and little triangular head. I wanted to get his picture, got my wish a few days later.

I don't know how long he'd been in there but it's a good thing we saw him when we did because he'd have died from dehydration otherwise. Hard to imagine how he must have felt, sitting down there at the bottom of the barrel, nothing to do but wait. I wonder what it takes to activate the mousy version of faith? . . . Faith in something larger than oneself.

At this point he's looking up at me pointing my camera down at him, and I guess he does not know what's going to happen. He didn't move, make a sound, nor try to hide. My mom took him out to the yard and let him go. Wow, what a reprieve. Back to the life he loves.

No comments: