Monday, May 28, 2007

Lisa Left Eye Lopes

I don't know why I was thinking about the late Lisa"Left Eye" Lopes last night. It was so strange that I googled her today, discovered that yesterday was her birthday. She was a member of that old musical group TLC, the female trio that declared bankruptcy at the height of their popularity. Some years ago Lisa died in a car crash in Honduras. She’d have been 36 yesterday, but she died at age 30. When I googled her today, I also discovered that VH1 just aired a documentary about her life on the 19th, but I had no idea about that either, as we don’t get VH1 nor do we ever see commercials for it. I’ve no idea what the relevance is to me or why I was thinking about her. "Don't go chasing waterfalls" was one of the songs that was running through my mind. I understand she was in the midst of spiritual renewal when she died. Learned more about her today than I ever knew about her before.

No comments: